Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Working With Prezi: Ethics and Technology in the Classroom

4 comments:

  1. Such a great prezi that is being shown. The background is very cool and the information being provided is awesome. I like how much effort is in it. Plus your opions are well though of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your idea of having students post to social media as characters! As a theatre teacher, that would be a great way to help with character development. I also agree that encouraging students to "follow" accounts that relate to the classroom is an awesome idea. It's a way to connect the real world with the classroom and have students exposed to content even when not in the classroom. Likewise, I definitely think that teachers should find ways to utilize social media in the classroom. Part of our jobs as educators is finding ways to engage and connect with our students, and if that means creating and utilizing social media accounts, then so be it. Personally, I would be willing to use whatever works and gets the students actively learning the content. As you said, though, teachers do need to be careful so as not to overstep boundaries, share information that they should not, or find themselves in any compromising position when it comes to social media. There must be sharing of information for teachers to be relatable to students, but teachers must also consider what is and is not appropriate to share.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your blog, I think you have really great ideas about how to have students include certain things in their social media. Being able to follow people or ideas they think are interesting is a great way to learn. I never considered some of the concepts you put into your prezi that had to do with social media. I think you gave me a great way to stop and think about these ideas in my classroom. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think social media can be very useful if is used properly. You have some great ideas on how you want to integrate social media into your classroom, im starting to considered applying these ideas in my classroom. Social media could be very beneficial tool for me and my students. Great work!

    ReplyDelete