My name is Amanda Perez. I'm currently a Junior, majoring in English with the hopes of teaching at the high school level someday. After graduation, I plan on jumping into a teaching career as soon as possible. I'm 27 and feel like I've been on this path for a very long time.
I'm a Harry Potter "enthusiast" and my hobbies include gaming and reading, when I'm not busy being a full-time mom. I have a 3 year old daughter and a one year old son.
I think we should take advantage of the technology that is available to us. For example, with two young children and a full-time job, commuting the hour to campus every day of the week is nearly impossible. Online courses allow me to attend school from my home. At the high school level, the opportunity is there to connect with teenagers by making use of the technology they use everyday. I'm looking forward to learning some of the ways in which that technology can be best applied!
No comments:
Post a Comment